Saturday, July 28, 2007

Going the Potter way with my first post ;-)

What is it about Harry potter that makes people – young and old want to know what next in the saga of the ‘boy who lived’ and the fantasy land of witches, wizards and their adventures?
Potter-bug bit me at the release of the Goblet of fire…. and out of curiosity I read the first 3 books of the series. Witch-craft which hitherto used to denote evil….suddenly became a wonderful land of fun, mystery & adventure. I fell…hook, line and sinker!
It could be because the magic world transported me back to Enid Blyton and her Faraway tree …..but here, instead of magical lands, picnic hampers and apple pie there were Diagon-Alley s , wands , potions and bertie’s-ever-flavoured beans !
Perhaps it’s the little things like these that make frenzied fans camp outside Waterstone bookstore in London (supposedly the place to be for potter maniacs) waiting for the midnight release of the last of the Harry Potter series.
Will there be more?... don’t know the answer to that one. And I speak for all those millions of fans out there when I say I certainly hope for more tales from the JK Rowling stable.

No comments: